Thing 3

OK, so photo editing was quite fun! My 14-year-old son, in particular, is very into GIFs and would love to know that he can create some of his own. My first goal was to find a photo editing site that did not require me to sign up or pay for anything. Finding sites that are free and don't require an account are essential for school use. This way teachers and schools don't have to spend money and students don't need to have email addresses in order to use the tools. I chose FotoFlexer and had fun applying and trying out all the different features. For the purpose of my picture, I especially liked the glittery options available. I could see having students use photo editing to create advertisements for books they are reading. They could draw a picture of what the main character in their book looks like, take a photo of their drawing, and place it into a GIF. Alternatively, students could use a drawing app to create their picture, save it as a photo, and upload it to FotoFlexer. In what ways can you think of to use this technology tool in your classroom?

Comments