Thing 14

I had never searched for Podcasts before or thought them relevant for use in class. I knew there was valuable information in some Podcasts to grow my personal thoughts and ideas as an educator. However, I never realized what all was available to me until I started searching. While I do enjoy learning from others' experiences, I realize that I am more of a Twitter/Blog girl. I prefer to read what others think or have experienced. I don't enjoy just listening to someone talk. I did, however, find some Podcasts that were videos. Those I enjoyed watching AND listening to. One I found particularly useful to teachers in a classroom setting was called The Amoeba Sisters. This podcast had a series of short videos to teach students about different biological processes such as cell transport and mitosis. The videos were short, cute, fun, and informative. I thought them particularly interesting for my sister who teaches freshman biology at a tough high school. I shared this blog with her in hopes that she'll be able to use them to help grasp her students' attention and get them excited about her class.

Comments