Thing 10

I chose to use Voki for my animation tool. Again, this was a new tool for me. I chose this particular tool because the video I watched looked like it could be a fun tool to use. I was able to create a cute squirrel avatar. I was thinking this would be a fun way to introduce the question of the day in my math class. I usually deliver the question that we need to answer or have a student read it aloud. I think using Voki would be a bit more engaging for an introduction. After creating my own account, I got to wondering if my students would have to create an account in order to be able to use it. I logged out and started over. This time I did not sign-up but "continued as a guest". This worked fabulously! I was very excited to see that my students could use this tool, as well! What a great way for them to EXPLAIN their understanding. They always struggle with explaining their math work, and I have found that they explain better verbally rather than written. Just a quick note that math operation signs are not read by the avatar. You would have to write out the word "plus" or have students do a voice recording. I think I'll give this a try with my 3rd graders soon!

Voki- Teacher Example


Voki- Student Example

Comments